1) Apple watch sits here in watch market after just 18 months
2) Pokémon Go is coming to Apple Watch
Pokémon GO has been downloaded over 500 million times around the world since launching in early July. Players/trainers have walked more than 4.6 billion kilometres combined.
The app shows nearby Pokémon at a glance and taps you when you are near a Pokéstop. You can swipe Pokéstops directly on the Apple Watch to collect items.
Eggs can be hatched directly on Apple Watch. The number of kilometres walked is also shown.
3) Apple Watch is now swim proof and water resistant to 50m
4) Crazy new speaker that ejects water after swimming
5) Built in GPS so you don’t need to take your phone when you run or go for a walk. This was a much needed feature
It just still isn’t a necessity and doesn’t do enough? I’ll pass, but like they said ‘we’re just getting started!’
And now iPhone
1) New colour: Jet Black sadly only available in 128GB or 256GB configurations. Bullshit!
2) New Home Button – don’t get its significance of having taptic feedback on a the Home Button. Pass!
3) The camera. Oh boy!
a) iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will feature a larger f/1.8 aperture that lets 50% more light onto the lens, a new six-element lens. New 12-megapixels sensor that is 60% faster and 30% more energy efficient. Quad-LED True Tone flash that has 50% more light with a new Flicker sensor that can compensate for artificial lighting.
Random thought: Live photos – totally forgot about – does anyone use them?
b) iPhone 7 Plus also comes with a second camera. Tap the new zoom button in the Camera app for 2x optical zoom with the telephoto lens. Or you can drag your finger across the zoom button for 1x-10x software zoom. Zoom in without losing as much quality on current iPhone
c) Depth of field mostly seen on DSLRs will now be possible on iPhone 7 Plus.
The feature will arrive with free update later this year!
4) Finally iPhone will have stereo speakers
5) The removal of 3.5mm jack – why?
“Courage to move on.” or to sell more adaptors and wireless headphones.
Last but not least:
6) DEATH TO 16GB.
Now we just have to wait another year until the 10th Anniversary iPhone.